The rational as both romantic and visionary.
It is time to revisit and revision what our Rational Way Of Knowing brings to us. Can it enrich our life beyond what we had imagined? How much more there is to the rational than we previously thought? Let’s explore Imagining a creative future through rational knowing.
VIDEO 3: RES focus on Rational WOK
- Three Ways Of Knowing intro.
- Intelligences: Howard Gardner.
- Intelligences associated with Rational knowing.
- Rational Way of Knowing’s characteristics:
- Organisation, Order, Predictability, Function, Form, Design, and Creating Systems.
- Rational Way of Knowing’s Intelligences:
- Associative, Mathematical, Basic Pattern, Science, Math, Music, Art, Imagination.
- What is often left out of our understanding of Rational Knowing?
- Reverie, Daydreaming, Storytelling & creating, Imagining, Conceptualizing (ideating), Futuring, Anticipating, Analysis & Deduction, Fantacizing.
- Why Rational Ways of Knowing matter – how we use them.
- Using it for more imaginative and adaptable responses.
- The fullness of our Rational Intelligence as a creative aspect of what we can experience.
- Left brain vs. Right brain.
- Updating our understanding of the relationship.
- Adapting focus.
- Utilitarian vs. Romantic and Imaginative!
- Limitation of our current understanding of Rational Knowing, and therefore its potential.
- Ken Robinson’s understanding of our proclivity for Rational Intelligence over Sensory and Emotional.
- Revisioning profit.
- Wellbeing, Health and Happiness.
- Incorporating all WOK in order to function fully and create healthy societies.
- Living Systems & Synergy.
- Encouraging the creation of expansive perspectives.
- Influenced and influencing.
- Reaches exponentially outwards to business and societies.
- Storytelling shows up in modern society:
- Advertising, Marketing, PR, Theater, Reality TV, Drama.
- Conceptual thinking, and fantacising, lead to new realities.
- Rational Knowing and adaptability,
- Meeting goals.
- Accessing resilience, in business and creation of societies.
- Thriving and innovating.
- Role of Ego – how it can hamper our potential.
- How ‘fleshed out’ has your own experience of Rational Knowing been?
- Have you ever thought of Rational Intelligence (Knowing) as romantic, or having feminine qualities, before?
- How, and what, did you learn about Rational knowing in your own process of growing up?
- What examples of associative intelligence in action can you think of (name one or two)?
- What issue can you identify that might benefit from more left or right brain approach to resolve it?
- Where, in your life, do you see room to create more extraordinary circumstances or use more extraordinary approaches?
- What aspects of the future do you feel can benefit from this perspective on Rational Intelligence?
- Interdependent WOK – where/how do you experience the triad of RES as adaptable and resilient (name an incident as an example)?
- What kinds of innovations have you come up with where RES were all at play?
Mindmap 3. YOU and Rational Intelligence.
* Download large format version of Mindmap series 3 ‘Rational Knowing’ HERE.
Ways to approach this process!
We will explore Mindmaps for each aspect of these special relationships available to us 24/7. Week by week, you will dive in to each map, accompanied by a live, online session with Clare, where you can ask questions and share thoughts, questions and ideas with others. There is also a dedicated Forum for you to meet with your fellow explorers and discuss what you are learning.
You will receive:
- Access to a dedicated Forum.
- Your own copy of the above Mindmap.
To book Clare’s support, and go even deeper with it, contact her for your first discounted rate session by clicking on ‘New Members’ button. After that initial session you are eligible for ‘Existing Members’ rate. You can book support as either a new or existing member at any time on the journey, here.