CLARE HEDIN, M.A.
Artist, Performer, Educator, Writer, Researcher, Speaker
|2004||M.A. Consciousness Studies & Transformative Arts, Music & Creativity||JFK University, Orinda, CA, USA|
|1999||A.D. Music Theory||Laney College, Oakland, CA, USA|
|1998||B.A. Integral Studies: Music, Creativity & Transformative Learning||California Institute of Integral Studies, CA, USA|
|1997||B.A. Integral Studies: Music, Arts, Liberal Arts||San Francisco State University, CA, USA|
|1995||B.A. Fine Arts||Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA, USA|
Clare is a cross-disciplinary artist, musician, academic and experiential researcher of consciousness, creativity, innovation and natural magic. She is also a healer and planet-first systems thinker. Having taught Creativity & Innovation to BAC management students @ SFSU, and developed Dynamic Emergence, she now consults and teaches groups on creativity, connection, communication & curiosity. She finds dynamic ways, using inclusive approaches, to support the development of phenomenal, creative, intelligent, innovative, inspired, and participatory societies. In a previous incarnation she worked in London as Music Video Coordinator for Island Records, BMG UK Music Publishing, Entertainment Lawyers Eaton’s and, in San Francisco, Artist Liaison for Yoshi’s Jazz Club before helping co-found a sound healing school at Globe Sound Recording Institute.
Favourite environments: The forest, the bluffs, stormy skies, and stony, windy, beaches – all places conducive to imaginative roamings.
Keywords: Consciousness, Nature, Sound, Music, Arts, Deep Listening, Creativity, Discovery, Transformation.
Current Inquiry: As magical Living Systems, how can we raise collective awareness of who we are, and our design, in order to become phenomenally creative whilst becoming more deeply connected to Earth? As we become more self-aware, how do we impact our ability to evolve in sustainable, intelligent, creative, and holistic, ways?
Art forms: Sound, singing, music, photography, writing, listening, dialogue, nature-based connecting processes, trans-disciplinary exploration.
Interviews: Listen here for interviews on the subjects of Consciousness, Creativity, Social Transformation and Sound Healing.
2019 Arts, Culture & Climate, Social Engagement
- What Next? (ongoing participant); Arts, Culture & Climate issues beyond Brexit.
- Creative Conversations on extinction & wellness, Religion & Extinction Network, Bristol (7/15)
- Culture Declares Emergency, Forum, Roundhouse, London (7/8)
- Climate Change; the science, economics & law, conference London (7/5)
- Smart Cities, Sustainable Cities, conference, London (7/3)
- Civic Role for the Arts Organizations, Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation conferences, Bristol & London (6/21 & 6/28)
- Biomimicry; Circular Economy Show (Livestream), London (6/12)
- Julie’s Bicycle Climate Change report, conference, London Council (6/6)
- Climate Change & Consciousness Conference, Findhorn, Scotland. (4/20-4/16)
- ‘Now What?’ CCC19 ongoing online community strategy group. (4/16-ongoing)
2019 Designed & Published Dynamic Emergence (DE) – an innovative online learning platform on human design & conscious evolution for creative development and social change based on the human experience of living systems, intelligence, and creative flow.
2019 Creative focus:
- Improvising musically with Three Worlds improv theatre group, London.
- Screenplay writing for Film & TV.
- Researching capacity of music/arts/inquiry, to deepen self-knowledge and collective innovative potential.
- How the creative process can help us create sustainable societies connected to deeper knowing.
- How do we deepen our intimacy with life through the creative process?
- Training people to achieve their potential to co-create a more creative, robust, inspired, resilient, world.
MUSIC & PERFORMANCE (2019)
Vocalist-Songwriter-Performer-Recording Artist-Sound Healer. 8 CD’s, Pink Shark Music (licensing), Rift Storm Legion Vocals, Music for Meditation & Transformation, ‘I Can’ project for Cancer, Picture Perfect Music (publishing), ASCAP 2002.
- Three Worlds; Theatre improv musician, various London locations e.g. Camden Fringe, Etcetera Theatre. (6/2/19-ongoing)
- ‘Singing The World To Peace’; original CD & 2019/2020 Middle East Tour (currently fundraising)
- Yoga on the Labyrinth; Grace Cathedral, San Francisco, California (ongoing)
- Compassionate Mental Health, Music healing performance. London (6/19)
- Climate Change & Consciousness conference, Music for deep connection; Findhorn. (4/19)
- Music & Performance 1993-2018 (show MORE details)
CREATIVITY COACHING & VOICE WORKSHOPS (2019)
- Dynamic Emergence: Designed & Developed a new model of Consciousness for creating positive social change, sustainable communities, and evolving collective human potential. Online & in-person training and consulting.
- Creativity & Innovation; Artist Lecturer @ San Francisco State University (Business Management). Academic, Experiential & Research Class; graded. Facilitating groups in accessing creativity and deep listening management practices. (8/08- present)
- Creative Personal Development; how to become more in tune with the universal creative energies and fine tune your style. (’90 – present)
- Voice Presence; Preparing people to perform, present or lead. Building confidence, technique & skills. (’90 – present)
- Teaching & Coaching 1994-2018 (show MORE details)
SOCIAL INNOVATION/ACTIVISM/HEALING (2019)
- Round Table ‘How can arts help us access a deeper wisdom for ecological wellness’; co-hosted & co-designed. The Young Vic, London (6/18/2019)
- Extinction Rebellion Visioning Group, Political Strategy & Organization; presenting climate talks, public speaking (3/3-ongoing)
- Social Innovation/Activism 1995-2018 (show MORE details)
TALKS & PRESENTATIONS (-2018)
PUBLISHING & LICENSING (-2018)
CREATIVE PROJECT RESEARCH (-2018)
CERTIFICATION & TRAINING (-2019)Music & Performance (show MORE details)