SOCIAL TRANSFORMATION: COLLECTIVE TRAUMA – COLLECTIVE POTENTIAL
Evolving past perceived barriers
A brief explication of Dynamic Emergence (DE) – and its potential applications – by studying the human energy field and our complex felt-experience of being a living system within a network of living systems, with particular care for planetary belonging and those who might feel they are not thriving in today’s socially- constructed systems.
What is Dynamic Emergence (DE)?
DE is a specific study of the dynamics of energy flow between humans, including the study of what affects the dynamics, how to read them and respond coherently, and how environments (and people) influence and affect each other’s capacity to think clearly & creatively, be well, and thrive. In short, it is a study of living systems from a human-centered perspective, and looking at the interdependence of creative flow and impact flow on environments (humans = environments too).
It is also the study of personal transformation, intelligence & creativity, and ways that we ‘know’ (Ways of Knowing; Rational, Emotional, Sensory, Intuitive – intuitive comes in its own category as there is a ‘law of inversion’ that only affects RES). These elements, together, and the choices we make, affect how we experience, process, and generate reality.
Both the above affect what can happen next, and what is possible next in our collective consciousness.
- Def 1: ‘The phenomena of novelty arising when two or more elements meet’
- Def 2: ‘The process of becoming fully human’
Why does understanding DE matter?
Personal: It matters because we each experience a space called ‘me’ that is our sovereignty. A person is a kind of sovereign nation, a landscape of perspectives, influences, needs and possibilities. We are movements of energy as much as we are identifiable beings.
People can have, and generate, negative and positive experiences with each other, often unconsciously, and on many levels simultaneously. Without knowledge of this constant flow of mutual-influencing, we can lose track of ‘who we are’ and become unrecognizable to ourselves, losing the power to ‘own our own space’. It can invite bullying, loss of self, lack of life-direction, inability to make decisions, negative experiences of intimacy and a general loss of vital life-energy. Our power becomes negotiable, as does our sense of self, and we may not even be aware of it. We can experience this as compromised boundaries, depression, or exploitation which can make us vulnerable in unhealthy and potentially dangerous ways. Understanding what makes up our ability to know, think, feel, create, could be seen as essential to having dominion over not only ourselves but the kind of inclusive societies we might want to create. Inclusivity is diversity in resilience. Tending to the space that we each are, consciously, influences what can happen next both inside and outside of us, with more integrity, with clarity.
Social: Societies are made up of people with different ways of knowing (WOK) – if there is a bias in society toward one WOK then that society can leave out people who represent the other WOK because it is not geared toward them, nor co-designed by them – it can also stigmatize them. This is typically problematic as it can perpetuate the idea that those ‘other’ people do not exist, or do not need to exist – with inherent rights typically granted to sentient beings – since they are not visible to a dominant culture as having ‘value’. This disempowers people from contributing in a society that is not designed to support their excellence. Add to this the risk that those who have a wisdom born of feeling and sensing their knowing, their reality, may also not be able to share their wisdom knowing – here I point to emotional, sensory and intuitive knowers. Nature’s systems rely on us operating with these wisdom ways of knowing in order for us to make decisions that support and protect her ability to be resilient, healthy, and regenerative. DE posits that indigenous Peoples tend to operate from these more interdependent knowing biases and that wisdom comes from other places beyond, whilst encompassing, the gifts of the rational.
Who is it for?
It is for the highly creative, highly sensitive, the vulnerable (by your own definition), the ‘left out’, those who ‘know differently’ than mainstream thought, those who feel a need to assert their ‘belongingness’ and themselves more readily, those who wish to understand their own cosmological orientation, why they might feel ‘at odds’ in situations but are unclear why, those who feel a general lack of direction or belonging, those who facilitate – teach – lead – organize – manage – support others, parents, children, those who feel like they don’t fully grasp why they are having trouble standing their ground, managing and articulating their feelings, sensing their needs, stopping people from violating or abusing them, invading their sacred territory, identifying threats, saying an ‘essential no’ when needed and speaking their truth with confidence and inner authority. To facilitate deeper social joy and social equity. For those who want more from their life and to enjoy a sense of freedom and self-determinism… who are interested in health, wellness, happiness and personal evolution.
It is also for the Planet as who we (think we) are affects our behaviours and choices, which then affect the planet, i.e. our societal, business and governance decisions that disregard the urgency of our socio-ecological emergencies; Climate Crisis, Ecological Devastation, Human Trafficking.
How is it applied?
- Learning what your energy field is, what makes it up & how it works. Learn how to manage it, engage with it, care for it, respect, adjust, and monitor it.
- Discovering more about ‘how you know’ (RESI), how your intelligence shows up, how you create – and can heal/adapt – belief systems to enhance your self-determinism and sense of ‘collaboration’ with the universal life force – flowing with the living system’s interdependence.
- Activating our deep, inherent, sense of belonging to Earth.
- Making more choices to switch knowing modes to help problem-solve.
- Empower self-knowledge, improve interior posture.
- Speaking up at work, socially, in relationship dynamics, becoming a clearer, stronger, more powerful communicator.
- Becoming re-enchanted, i.e. inspired by this one precious life.
- Setting good boundaries that you can feel, and articulate.
- Understanding yourself, protect yourself.
- Reducing self-doubt; own yourself, own your life.
- Feeling your creative force – taking more risks that affirm who you are.
- Feeling more authentically alive – understand what makes you, you.
- Feeling more liberated and inspired – taking healthy risks.
- Changing your mode/mood/state of being as needed.
- Realizing more about yourself (and another person) through who you become in their company – discovering what may be affecting you both, and how to change that experience & its corresponding background beliefs and behaviours (Fields of Influence)
- Tracking and changing negative beliefs.
- Becoming familiar with your own inherited thinking patterns and different scales of feedback loops that affect your reach, your freedom, your creativity and your resilience. Adapt.
- Becoming an ‘applied creative’ – using your imagination and its power to positively affect our shared reality.
Healing, Creativity & Good Business
[More reading: ‘Healing, Creativity & Good Business’]
Education & Politics:
- Put into national school syllabuses to help children manage and understand their own energy fields, own their personal power, and inalienable rights.
- This in turn could reduce children’s vulnerability to sex offences, sex trafficking, slavery of any form, subtle forms of violence, ‘invasion of space’, and shifting away from a culture that disempowers children in the face of perceived adults.
- Support Politicians in thinking systemically – better comprehending the complex holistic impacts of their policy decisions so they can empathically & sensitively create thoughtful, aligned, solutions to systemic human and environmental problems.
- Greater self-awareness can facilitate more human compassion. This tends to invite more kindness which, in turn, can generate more empathic communities leading to kinder, healthier, societies. (e.g. away from GDP to GPI)
- Reduce crime and damaging business practices; protect the environment whilst restoring human dignity and expanding our intelligence and creative potential.
Culture & Funding:
- Unleashing the creative potential for human evolutionary purposes – we are capable of evolving but do not seem to have a working understanding of who we are from an evolutionary perspective of adaptability, improvisation, creativity, and our cosmological design/blueprint.
- DE Tenet 1. ‘Nothing is fixed’ (including a situation, a problem, or our way of doing/thinking/being) – we therefore have scope to expand and evolve.
- DE Tenet 2. ‘Energy waits to be noticed’ (when we realize ‘what is’ we become ‘alivened’ and able to respond creatively to any situation as its – and our – potential become more fully available to us – this is a highly positive transition.
- Understanding, protecting, and harnessing human interdisciplinary arts to enhance our ability to know ourselves more deeply, more comprehensively, and to therefore protect our arts funding as we understand it as another essential way of knowing (through our depth and complexity) that is key to our species collective progress. Many diverse ways of solving problems are rooted in creative processes explored in arts.
- Arts, creativity, healing and intelligence are all scientifically linked – they enable us to meet complex realities in ingenious ways; this is how we invent, innovate and evolve.
- Understanding the creative nature of who we are and where we belong – inviting our ‘remembering’ of our cosmological context and planetary roots. We protect what we are in awe of – and we need to protect ourselves, our planet and our future as co-habitants.
- Recognizing ourselves as aspects – and expressions – of science, arts, creativity, cosmology, & nature.
- Shifting from life-negating to life-affirming.
- Moving away from aggression and toward compassionate inclusion through informed, naturally creative, & instinctually systemic wisdom-knowing.
- Return to Belonging to the Planet, the Cosmos, and to ourselves, as both.
Overview Mindmap of Dynamic Emergence
- Contact Designer, Clare Hedin @ email@example.com.
- Visit sites: https://dynamicemergence.net & https://clarehedin.com
- Thank you for wanting to help this information reach the people it is meant to.
Leave a Reply